Updated: Apr 18, 2022
Are you a GATE aspirant?
You could have been studying for the GATE exam for a year or longer. GATE is regarded as one of the most difficult tests for engineering students due to its extensive syllabus. This causes a lot of overthinking, and you may become anxious as a result. However, if you put up genuine effort while studying for the GATE, you should be fine. You should not allow any negative thoughts to undermine your self-esteem. You need to be confident.
Here are the 6 “must do” things before the GATE exam:
1. SLEEP: Surely, you've heard that if you don't get enough sleep, your brain will begin to eat itself. As a result, one should get at least 6-7 hours of sleep the night before exam in order to improve the working of the brain and to renew the thoughts.
2. REVISE: Revise all of the formulae and definitions in your short notes after you've finished reading them. You can also look at some of the previous year questions that offer solid concepts to help you prepare. Mark up all these previous year questions and keep revising. Concentrate on your strong points and be confident with what you have done.
3. TAKE A BREAK: Don't forget to take short ergo breaks in between revision sessions to keep you fresh. Do not become overly concerned about the exam. Consider using your break time to meditate or listen to soulful music to de-stress and rejuvenate your mind. If nothing else works, phone a friend and discuss casual topics to take your mind off the stress of the exam.
4. STAY HEALTHY AND POSITIVE: In order to perform well in an examination, both physical and mental health must be in good working order. Make sure you eat a well-balanced diet in order to maintain good health. Drink plenty of water and fill your mind with positive thoughts to keep it peaceful and positive throughout the day.
5. KNOW YOUR EXAM CENTRE: GATE is normally held over a period of two weeks and is divided into two sessions. The gate chemical engineering exam is usually conducted only in a single session. Check the date and time of the exam that corresponds to the code for your stream to ensure that you don't miss out. Make a thorough research on the location of the exam center and go there two hours before the examination. Make sure you have all of the required documents stated on your admit card with you at all times.
6. HAVE A VISION: You are already aware of your own personal strengths and weaknesses based on your preparation. So, make a list of the types of questions you will be answering before you begin. Try to answer the questions from topics that you are completely confident in; don't rely on guesswork!
So, keep all of the points in mind before sitting for the exam and do your best to pass it with flying colors. Don't be concerned about your exam scores in the days prior to or during it. Have faith in yourself!